The first organ for the Cathedral in Kamien Pomorski was founded in 1332. Another instrument was added to the church in 1485 with the foundation of Bishop B. Wallenstein. After the first Evangelical Bishop Bartholomäus Suave took over as bishop, another instrument was built in 1580 by Stone organ-builders, which served the faithful until the second half of the 17th century.
In 1669, Duke Ernst Bogislaw von Croÿ, the last titular Bishop of Kamien Pomorski from the House of Griffins, governor of the Elector of Brandenburg in Pomerania and presbyter of the Kamien Pomorski Chapter, commissioned organ builder Friedrich Breyer from Szczecin to build a new organ for the cathedral. For unknown reasons, Breyer did not complete the construction. The work on the instrument was continued by Michael Berigel from Szczecin. The construction cost was estimated at four thousand thalers. The construction used 163 pipes, 57 pounds of tin and 3 yokes of wood from the old instrument. The organ, 13 metres high and 9 metres wide, had 39 registers divided into three manuals and a pedal, while the necessary air for playing was provided by five wedge bellows. In December 1672, the Te Deum Laudamus performed on the impressive new instrument sounded for the first time in the cathedral.
The organ was given a baroque prospectus, which was worked on until 1684 by, among others, Johann Grundmann from Frankfurt/Oder (author of the sculptures), Martin Edelberg (painter of the prospect ornamentation) and Johann Schmidt (author of the polychrome and gilding). In accordance with Baroque principles, the instrument was divided into four separate parts. The main part and above it a smaller one are integrated into the central body of the prospect. The pedal stops are placed in the two side towers, with a positive between them on the balustrade.